Hello There, Guest!

27-09-2011, 03:36 PM | Post: #1
Offline Silvanoshi 

Johan

Listen up Soldiers!

Today we have another profile from a member of the Battlefield Play4Free Dev Team. Johan Wirde is one of the chaps who ensure things keep chugging along in the studio!

Who are you?
Johan Wirde, Development Director for Battlefield Play4Free.

Where are you from?
I grew up in Sweden. Viksjö, Ljungskile, Karlstad and Stockholm should cover the places I've lived in.

What do you do on BFP4F?
I try to organize and plan the work implementing the crazy ideas the designers come up with. In the short term making sure that we are working on "the right things", and in the longer term working to improve the process, team communication and the like.

What's your favorite BFP4F aspect?
I really enjoyed playing BF1942 and BF2. BFP4F gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I like tanks.

What's your favorite class and why? (BFP4F)
Engineer. Decent medium range gun and an RPG. What's not to like?

What is the best thing about being a Developer?
The people you get to work with here are simply brilliant. Excellent programmers, creative and talented artists, etc.

How did you become a Developer?
I have worked in several industries over the years - usually as a consultant/contractor. One of the assignments was as a Development Director at Dice. A few years later I couldn't resist the urge to get back to developing games.

What other games have you worked on?
Battlefield: Bad Company, Mirror's Edge

What other games do you like?
RPGs and strategy/tactical games

What is your all-time favourite game?
Baldur’s Gate 2 - not sure how well it aged though...

Any favorite bands or music in general?
I usually listen to music of the harder variety, and I do try to listen to new(er) music now and then. Right now it's "A Storm of Light", "Mose Giganticus" and "Before the Dawn".

What do you do in your spare time?
Spare time? As a proud father of two I don't experience that much. Running is great exercise which does not take long - I get to do that a few times a week at least Smile

What is your weirdest hobby?
I like computer languages, compilers and interpreters. Now that I don't code in my day job I try to have some little project to pick up when I can find the time. Mmmm Lisp...

What is your nerdiest apparel?
Tailcoat? For reasons I won't go into I tend to also wear a Wunderbaum when donning that garment.

If you could be a game character, you would be… ?
For some reason game characters never appealed to me much. Instead of giving a silly answer I give you none. Which is also silly I guess...

Follow this link to discuss Johan's profile.